[Seaside] Re: Seaside debugger not coming up on error, pleas help

Nick Ager nick.ager at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 21:00:11 UTC 2010

Hi Fritz,

John, indeed that was the problem.

> I wish that it would have been more obvious that this was the problem.
>
> There was a further problems with the code:
> 1. number was not spelled correctly.
> 2. the accessors for number need to be defined. I use the class
> re-factoring
> tool create the accessors.
>
> if your debugger wasn't catching the exception it could be that you were
suffering from a configuration bug caused by the order in which loaded
classes are initialized.
The Seaside3.0RC image (
http://www.seaside.st/distributions/Seaside-3.0rc.app.zip) should be
configured sensibly, but you find exceptions in Seaside apps in your image
aren't caught by the debugger you might find the remedies listed here
useful:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2010-May/023557.html

Nick