[Seaside] Some Javascript issues

Martin Büttner martin.buettner at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Jul 20 12:08:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

in my recent project I have fairly complex Javascript/jQuery code and
whenever possible I use the Seaside abstraction.
Unfortunately this frequently leads to bloated code, e.g. when I want to
implement "==" on client side. My current code states:

aQuery addDecoration: (JSBinary new operator: '=='; statement: aStatement).

JQuery provides convenience methods for && and ||, but nothing else. Is
the above line really best practice? The code gets awfully long.

As well, there is no possibility to surround a number of statements with
a for-block or another loop. I wrote a new JSDecoration now similar to
JSCondition, but I suggest someone extends Seaside with that.

Or do I overlook something in the framework?

Thanks in advance,
Martin