[Seaside] Comet and #call:

andres andres at lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar
Thu Jul 29 21:01:02 UTC 2010

I guess I must be missing something because I see no difference between
#call: and #show:, except for the fact that #call blocks and #show does not.

When I do

MyApp>>...
         self
             update: #componentPane
             with: Component1 new.

The network traces in firebug shows that only the required resources for
Component1 are requested to the server. On the other hand when I hit the
link rendered by:

Component1>>renderContentOn: hmtl

             html anchor
                     callback: [self show: Component2 new];
                     with: 'A call'.

firebug shows that everything that belongs to the page is requested
again to the server (all the .css, .js, etc).

Thanks,
Andrés