[Seaside] Re: seaside and yui

sergio_101 sergiolist at village-buzz.com
Thu Jun 10 13:24:38 UTC 2010

> I find it curious that your needs were for a "web SITE", rather than a "web
> APP", and yet you ended up using ruby on rails. I was under the impression
> that RoR was for web APP's too. Were you just more familiar with how to get
> a SITE done with RoR, or was there something about Seaside that made a SITE
> difficult to produce?

with RoR, there are alot of things that make building a basic CRUD
site very easy.. and really this was all i was doing.. i also found
that the routes make it much easier to build such a site..

RoR basically assumes that you are going to build a site based on a few urls..

the most important difference is that the site i was building really
was essentially a stateless CRUD site.. the complexities added by
seaside were more than i needed for such a simple site..

but they are exactly what i need for a GTD type project..

yes, i could write such and app in RoR using its ajax library and make
it really slick.. but i found the smalltalk/seaside setup a much more
productive development environment..

> Blog if you want, but I find blogs a bad medium for back and forth
> discussion. I think the best place to post your experience is this mailing
> list.

deal.. thanks..

--
----