[Seaside] Re: I have installed the Seaside 'One Click Image' and Pharo 1.0

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon May 3 20:04:18 UTC 2010

> I have installed a fresh Pharo 1.0 and done the seaside 3.0 install as
> described
> (transcribed from your message above):
> Take a pharo 1.0 CLEAN, evaluate the following:
> <code>
> Gofer new
>    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>    package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside';
>    load.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside) project latestVersion load:
> 'Seaside
> 3.0'
> </code>
>
> You instructions work flawlessly. WAKom is up and running and reports

I am glad it is working.

> Seaside Version:        3.0beta1
> Grease Version: 1.0alpha6 (Pharo)
>
> I am unsure about the 'beta1' designation.

Seaside 3.0 is still "under development". Actualy, as it says there, it is
in a beta state. Seaside 2.8 is the latest stable release. However, I guess
Seaside 3.0 stable release will be very soon and I even know people that
already have applications running with Seaside 3.0 hhaha.Anyway, maybe a
seaside developer can help you more than me.

> I have looked at DEVImageWorkspaces openExternalProjectWorkspace in the
> newly
> installed Pharo, and it does not have the instructions you have sent me. I
> think
> that this explicit help should be included there.

Thanks to another post in this mailing list, I updated the welcome
workspace. Of course, it was not yet integrated and released in a new Pharo
image but how can update that package and let me know your experience. To
update to the new workspace do the following:

1) Open the menu -> "Monticello Browser"
2) In the right column search the repository called
http://www.squeaksource.com/ImageForDevelopers, select it and press the
"open" button.
3) In the new opened popup, select in the left column, the package
"ImageForDevelopers-pharo"
4) Now, for that package, in the right column select the version
ImageForDevelopers-pharo-MarianoMartinezPeck.224 and the press the button
"load"
5) Evaluate:  "DEVImageWorkspaces openExternalProjectWorkspace"

This will load the new version of the workspace. Please read it carefully
and let me know if this is ok it can be better.

> I also would like to see
> instructions to install Magritte 2.0.

If you read what I told you above, you will be able to do it ;)

> Thanks so much for your help.

You are welcome.

> P.S. I am reviewing the 'Dynamic Web Development with Seaside' and would
> like to
> contribute my findings - there are several erroneous or misleading parts.

Please do it !

Cheers

mariano