[Seaside] Newbie question Seaside book.

Sean Allen sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com
Tue May 11 14:19:54 UTC 2010

When you aren't just doing an excercise, I would go a different route
for saving data.

Create a global variable for your application like

ContactSystem

( assuming it is just a contact system )
and store your data in there.

If you ever move to something like gemstone, you will be much better off.

+ if you want to run more than 1 instance of your contact application,
you don't have to worry about each application sharing data.

You could setup your application with something like

ContactApplication with: aSystem

and then lets say Joe and Ed both have contact applications:

ContactApplication with: EdContactSystem
ContactApplication with: JoeContactSystem

so the contact application system knows the data store to use.