[Seaside] Flushing out old sessions,etc..

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Fri May 14 15:07:11 UTC 2010

On Fri, 14 May 2010 08:11:38 +0200, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> See <http://book.seaside.st/book/in-action/session/recovering>.
>>
>> Thanks Lukas..
>>
>> I tried the WAAdmin clearSessions but it didn't do anything
>> for my issue.. I've even unloaded my entire app, done more
>> garbage collection but still continue to get obsolete object
>> references in the debugger when bringing up the Seaside main
>> page..  I'll play around some more..
>
>   WAAdmin clearDefaultDispatcher
>
> and
>
>   WAAdmin clearConfigurationCaches
>
> flush the dispatcher and the configuration tree. That shouldn't free
> any more session that have not been cleared with
>
>   WAAdmin clearSessions
>
> though (unless this is a bug in Seaside). Maybe there is something
> like the PointerFinder in VW that can help you to find out who holds
> onto these sessions.

Lukas,

I did all 3 and now I can't get Seaside to run at all.. I've no
longer got my app installed at all but Seaside gives me the following
when trying to bring up the main page :

http://localhost:7777/ not found

I stopped/restarted it but the problem persists.. I'm guessing something
important got removed doing the above 3 commands.. Shall I pitch this
image and start over??

Sorry for being a pain in the rear..