[Seaside] Use of onClick to call JavaScript

Thomas McCune thomas.mccune at att.net
Fri Oct 22 21:52:48 UTC 2010

In HTML it is possible to create a button in a form and cause Javascript to execute
using onClick. For example, the following form causes the JavaScript alert function
to be executed when the button is clicked.

<form name="myForm">
Name: <input type="text"
onkeyup="ajaxFunction('Hello');" name="username" />
Time: <input type="text" name="time" /><br>
<input type=BUTTON onClick="alert('GoodBye');" value="GoodBye" />
</form>

In Seaside, I have tried to achieve the same without success with the
following button definition:

renderDoItButtonOn: html

 html button with: 'Doit';
  onClick: 'alert("GoodBye");'.

The page refreshes but the JavaScript does not appear to execute. Is there a way
to accomplish this? I have tested onKeyUp: and it does execute the string as
JavaScript just as I expected.

Thank you