[Seaside] abstract component with authentication check?

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 21:42:33 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 3:01 PM, Johan Brichau <johan at inceptive.be> wrote:
> Making custom request filters is an intriguing option to look at but I have no idea if the session is available in filters and if you can redirect to a login component from there. I'm also not sure if they are intended to be customized.

The session is available from a filter if it is attached to the
session. And you should definitely feel free to implement your own
filters if they seem like the right solution.

You won't be able to #call: in the session filter, but you can
certainly redirect somewhere, return a response, or even do a #show:
on your root component.

Julian