[Seaside] Possible moving from VW to Pharo

Holger Kleinsorgen h.kleinsorgen at i-views.de
Thu Sep 23 19:23:28 UTC 2010

> So I want to give it a go with Pharo to see if i can get my VW code
> into Pharo. There is a Monticello bundle for VW, but somehow that
> refuses to work properly. Wierld errors about resources that coult not
> be found. Than I tried to file out my projects into smalltalk chunks,
> but those are only VW compatible (namespaces and such..)
>
> Could any one point me in the right direction for getting my projects
> from VW into Pharo? It would kill me to Copy Paste the whole thing
> (there is already quite some code)...

IMHO using the Monticello tools is the most convenient way. File-in/out
is usually a big mess. You will probably need to tweak your VW code
first before porting, and maybe tweak the Monticello tools for your needs.
But once you've managed to use them, life gets easy, and porting is a
matter of seconds.