[Seaside] Should I become a Seasider?

Sean Allen sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com
Sat Apr 9 13:02:09 UTC 2011

plication". The difference I like to make is where the focus in
development lies.

> A solution for a "web presentation" site focusses mainly on the design. Here you will have a designer that designs "pages" in photoshop. A common way is to create templates that bring the photoshop design to the web. You concentrate on pages and usually you need a lot of markup in order to come close to the photoshop design. Seaside does not fit perfectly into this scenario. But I would assume that a lot of your customers just want a "web presentation".

Off topic here... but this method of doing presentational development
using photoshop has always struck me as the equivalent of using uml to
design you entire application ahead of time w/o any consideration of
the language platform etc.