[Seaside] Rendering Component in a WAPragmaBasedRestfulHandler

Camillo Bruni camillo.bruni at inria.fr
Sun Apr 17 21:53:11 UTC 2011

I somehow solved the problem now by relying on the pragma evaluation of REST.
So I simply use a normal Root component and internally overwrite the initialRequest: method to find the proper handling method with REST. The handling method initializes (lazily) the current view and assigns it to an instvar. In the renderContentOn: I simply forward to the currently active view.
This way is somewhat a compatible transition from a normal seaside application, since you could use the helper methods there as well...

So for my solution the REST functionality should be encapsulated into a single helper object. However I am still figuring out a nice way to forward parts of the url to a subcomponent to avoid many initialization methods on the root component.

cheers
camillo