[Seaside] Seaside Book Chapter 15.3: Question about "A word about design"..

Helene Bilbo thereluctantprogrammer at fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 19 11:31:55 UTC 2011

Hi,
in the Seaside Book at the beginning of chapter 15.3 there is a "note about
design" that says that the shown design (directly accessing the singleton of
the model in the view) is just for producing a running application quickly
but is not good design.
Could someone describe for a programming amateur like me what the "good
design" would look like? It says to add an instance variable - but I am not
so sure about how the instance variable should be initialised to the model..

thank you for an explanation,
helene.