[Seaside] Re: Startup weekend success

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Mon Feb 28 16:28:38 UTC 2011

On 28/02/11 9:33 AM, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
> In the weekend of 20 Feb. Diego Lont and I participated in Startup
> Weekend Eindhoven. As we expected, the rapid development made
> possible by the combination of Seaside on Pharo made it possible for
> us to develop a convincing demonstration in two days. The "Parent
> Support" app, an idea presented on friday night by Liesbeth Vriens,
> was converted by us into a combination iPhone app and web application
> in the two following days. This together with the business plan
> developed with Dolf Wittkämper were presented by Liesbeth on sunday
> evening in an award-winning 3-minute pitch. The jury awarded us the
> innovation price.

Great news!!!

A bunch of questions, I'll ramble off...

- was that the whole team - the four of you?
- was Diego a Smalltalker too; did you meet at the event or did you know
each other beforehand?
- was there anything in particular that led you to build the "Parent
Support" app instead of joining another group (i.e. was the app well
suited to Seaside/Pharo)?
- did you prepare a "kit" for the event (i.e. all the frameworks you
thought you'd need, already loaded in an image)
- what were other groups using (especially the runner's up)

Great win for Seaside/Pharo!