[Seaside] Re: I don't quite understand gthe behaviour that is causing infinite loop in

John McKeon p3anoman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 02:38:09 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Fritz Schenk
<intrader.intrader at gmail.com>wrote:

> That is a great catch - I wish that there was a visual distinction between
> parenthesis and braquets.

I'm guessing that Slime would catch that...

> Thanks for the explanation. As to parens return self, I don't quite
> understand.

It's because the render method does not return anything. In Smalltalk, if
there is nothing explicitly returned by a method, the method implicitly
returns self, always.

> This fixes the problem and I get an ugly set of tabs - which should be
> fixable

via CSS.

I would interject here that the JQuery tabs are what sold me on using
JQuery. Include a theme and all the CSS is included free of charge :)

http://john-mckeon.us