[Seaside] Clear/stop a periodic javascript process using Seaside?

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 20:44:23 UTC 2011

Hi -

Using jQuery/AJAX & Seaside 3.0.3 I'm trying to check for the results of
a calculation and when its complete update a div and then stop checking
without doing a full page refresh.  I can do everything but stop the
periodic process without doing a refresh

If I have an inst var named 'count' and do this:

renderContentOn: html
	(html div)
		id: 'replace';
		script:  ((html jQuery id:'replace')
					load html: [ :h |
						count := count + 1.
						(html div)
						id: 'replace';
						with: [ html render: 'count: ' , count greaseString ] ] ;
					interval: 2 seconds).

every two seconds the count is increased and then displayed.   If I use
replaceWith: I have the same problem.  The only thing I know to stop the
periodic process is to refresh the page and just render the results I
had been waiting on.

I would like to use AJAX, rather than refresh so I can do this in
several places on a single page.

Its my understanding that the setInterval function has an id that can be
sent to clearInterval but I don't know how to get the function id
through Seaside.  Is there a way to get that id and send it to
clearInterval or another way to do what I want?

Thanks

Paul