[Seaside] Seaside WATree

Gaston Charkiewicz gastonnnn at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 11:51:06 UTC 2011

Hello everyone!
My name is Gastón Charkiewicz, I'm from Argentina, and I study IT
Programming in de Quilmes National University (UNQ). I'm developing a
certain domain in Seaside, and I want to model a folder hierarchy using a
WATree (I'm just starting to use it).
I have a "Folder" class, who haves a instance variable, "folders", a
SortedCollection (sortBlock given) with more Folder s. So, I prepared a
component called WAFolderTree, extending from WATree. It haves an instance
variable, "folders", with the folder hierarchy it's going to show. I have
this initialize mehod:

*initialize*
super initialize.
folders := Folder new.
folders folderName: 'root'.
folders subFolders add: (Folder new folderName: 'var').
folders subFolders add: (Folder new folderName: 'usr').

    self
    root: folders;
    labelBlock: [:f | f folderName];
    childrenBlock: [:f | f subFolders];
    yourself.

(I'm just testing the class' vehaviour, I'm going to make it a Singleton
class after testings, and make it beautier also :) ).

The problem: when I render the containing window, I also render the tree
using
*html render: WAFolderTree new.*
...but I just get in screen "WAFolderTree". No +, even no selecting points.
Could you help me?

Thank you all!
Best regards,

--
Gastón N. Charkiewicz
"El éxito parece estar relacionado con la acción. Las personas de éxito son