[Seaside] Using meaningful links

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 10:20:58 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 12:17 AM, Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name> wrote:

> Am 31.05.2011 um 15:00 schrieb Julian Fitzell:
>
>> Hi Scott,
>>
>> Sure. There are a number of possible approaches to this, including
>> using a RequestFilter around your application, registering a bunch of
>> "redirection handlers" or (even real applications that share
>> components with your main system), or just implementing
>> #initialRequest: on your root component to parse the URLs.
>>
> I think it was asked before: What would be an appropriate way of injecting state generate by a filter into the application served by the handler? If I add a request filter that determines some things from the url I might set some things that are evaluated by the application to display certain things. Is there a nice way of doing?

Hi Norbert,

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but it
sounds like your filter could store something in the property
dictionary of the RequestContext for later filters to find? Another
option is to use a dynamic variable or you could walk the handler
stack in the request context looking for the filter and ask it
directly.

Julian