[Seaside] JQAjax>>serializeForm: behaves differently using jQuery 1.6.1 and jQuery 1.5.1 & radio groups.

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 21:10:43 UTC 2011

Hi -

Using jQuery 1.5.1, JQuery-Core-lr.119 and Seaside 3.0.5 in Pharo 1.2.2
JQAjax>>#serializeForm: will serialize a radio group that is buried in a
form like this:

<form>
	<ul>
		<li>
		<li>
		<li>
		<li>
					<tbody>
								radio group div

					</tbody>
		</li>
		<li>
	</ul>
</form>

But if I load jQuery 1.6.1 the radio group is not serialized.

If I switch the radio group out for a textInput both versions of jQuery
serialize the input as expected. The other inputs in the form are
serialized regardless of the version of jQuery.   I know there were
changes to jQuery's find() and closest() functions in version 1.6.  I
imagine it has something to do with hidden inputs but don't know how to
diagnose or fix why the radio group is not getting serialized.  I don't
imagine that the deep nesting is a problem.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this or diagnose the problem
further?

thanks

Paul