[Seaside] Comparison of Aida/Web, Seaside and Iliad web frameworks

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue Jun 21 21:44:29 UTC 2011

S, Ramon Leon piše:

...(later)

>> Tabulation with enter is surely very important for any accounting apps
>> where you need to enter rapidly a large amount of numbers from numeric
>> keypad only. Imagine one hand keying up those numbers, how will you pres
>> Tab key that way?
>
> Again, nothing to do with web frameworks.  This all happens in the
> browser, you aren't doing anything that any other website on the planet
> can't do.

Wrong! Web framework support is essential for such a feature.

> You should remove from this comparison list everything that is just a
> technique you use because techniques aren't features. In fact, if you
> want a really fair comparison, you'd go find a comparison between say,
> Rails and its competitors to get an idea of how your feature list
> compares to what's expected to be in a web framework.
>
> You just listed a bunch of stuff from AIDA, much of it application level
> stuff you've implemented, that really has nothing to do with web
> frameworks in general.  You've mixed in web server, web framework, UI
> framework, and random utility things all together.  You should question
> the presense of every single item where AIDA is yes and the other two
> frameworks are no.

Well, who is the arbitrer which features belongs to web framework and
which no? Seaside? What I did I just list what Aida has and how compares
to Seaside and Iliad, And invited you guys to complete this comparison,
don't forget that! Disclaimer is clearly shown at the top of the
comparison and Seasiders are (and were) welcome to help balancing it.
Please do so!

Best regards
Janko

--