[Seaside] Comparison of Aida/Web, Seaside and Iliad web frameworks

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 04:29:20 UTC 2011

Hi Nick,

Am 21.06.2011 um 23:59 schrieb Nick Ager <nick.ager at gmail.com>:
> What are you trying to achieve? Is the idea that we come up with some feature comparison, add up the ticks in the supported column and declare a winner?

while it's easy to perceive the whole initiative as flamebait, this is surely not about flamewars or even just winning. It's about getting an overview of the existing frameworks and their core features. It's just a survey. Not a competition.

Of course some advocates of this or another framework will tend to get it wrong; that's a natural reaction. An unnecessary one, though.

The spreadsheet is not perfect. But everyone can make contributions, even to the way it's organised.

The distinction between "out of the box" on the one hand, and "add on", "workaround", or "hacked" features does not make full sense? Great: then how about finding a more appropriate way of defining "feature" than the current one?

Consider this a scientific project. An emotion-free attitude helps. :-)

Best,

Michael