[Seaside] Comparison of Aida/Web, Seaside and Iliad web frameworks

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 21:18:56 UTC 2011

On 6/22/11, Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:
>> For comparing, it would be really good to have the same application
>> written in the three frameworks by experts and have the experts compare
>> them. Hey, if I find the time (oeps) I would even love to help out on that
>> one.
>
> Agreed! And I'm hardly waiting for someone to come out with an idea,
> what to build for such comparison. I have one, but you will for sure
> declare me biased again .. :) A so called real-time web example: a
> multi-user chat. As that one on GMail, for instance. Another would be a
> basic CRUD example, which is so common pattern, filling that 90% of
> cases, to show, how the frameworks cover the people's most basic needs.
>
> Best regards
> Janko

Hello Janko

Maybe a sample application which is combination of both your suggestions :-).

A kind of more elaborate ToDo list (cf. the Seaside example in the tutorial)

Features:
- Multi-user
- The users see a list of ToDo items and sees to whom they are assigned.
- In a chat area they can discuss about the items and reassign them accordingly.
- Some views/reports (current tasks, my tasks, finished tasks, task in
a particular month).

If you want more
- A wiki in addition
- A glossary (special terms in the reports are automatically
hyper-linked to a glossary entry)

Best regards
Hannes

P.S. I am sure that other people have better ideas.
I have no idea how much time this takes to implement in Aida/Web. In
Seaside it is quite an effort.