[Seaside] Re: Seaside application deployment/migration/update

Francois Stephany tulipe.moutarde at gmail.com
Tue May 3 22:41:55 UTC 2011

> Hi the seaside admistrator app  has a tool to upload a mcz with a new version and save the image or you can update a package from a monticello repository via RFB or Screen shot tools.

I'm not that found of a GUI tool to administrate a server. Doesnt RFB
add too much bloat ?

Is there any command line tool to do that ?

> Whe you talk about change, how long are that changes. ? Is The new model incompatibe with the older.?
> Remember when you change the class structure, the compiler make the changes for all instances.

But what happens to your existing data ? I know that I should store data
in a separate database but for the sake of simplicity I prefer to keep
my objects in the image while there are not too many data (the
application I have in mind is pretty simple concerning storage).

> But that not enogh. You can persist the data in a chunck and recover late.

So basically I could just serialize my data, throw the image and reload
the data in a new fresh image ?

What do people generally do ?