[Seaside] Re: Seaside application deployment/migration/update

Nick Ager nick.ager at gmail.com
Wed May 4 10:54:14 UTC 2011

Hi Francois,

As you mentioned S3, you might like to investigate #resourceUrl: and the
"Resource Base Url" setting in the /config app see:
http://book.seaside.st/book/in-action/serving-files/images

WAExternalFileLibrary - is also really useful during development when you're
working through multiple iterations of external style sheets and image file.

I run Pharo on my Amazon EC2 instances and use X11 forwarding through SSH so
I don't have to install a complete graphical environment on my server, yet
achieve acceptable performance when administering a remote image.
See Ramon's blog entry:
http://onsmalltalk.com/2010-10-23-faster-remote-gemstone (Ubuntu), and
http://nickager.com/blog/Installing-Gemstone-on-an-Amazon-EC2-Linux-instance/(for
Amazon EC2 Linux based image - scroll to "Configuring GemTools").
Note both these blog entries discuss Gemtools and Gemstone, but should work
equally well for a recent Pharo installation.

Nick