[Seaside] Re: problems with onBlur:

Larry White ljw1001 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 16:35:13 UTC 2011

Ugh, fat-fingered the repost - double apologies, but I wanted to take
out the formatting to make this easier to read. Hoping that someone
can shed some light on why my onBlur textItem attribute gets dropped
when Seaside renders it to a browse, but includes it when rendering
within Smalltalk.

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Larry White <ljw1001 at gmail.com> wrote:

I'm trying to add a snippet of javascript to a textInput using onBlur:
 The code looks like this:

html textInput
       id: self getHtmlId;
       class: self cssInputClass;
       size: metaData inputColumns;
       callback: self callback  ;
       onBlur: 'document.getElementById("rowfrm").submit();';
       value: self valueBlock value.

when I render it in Pharo (Thanks Boris!) I get something like this:

<input id="PasswordReset_emailAddress"
   class="xlarge text"
   size="30"
   name="1"
   onblur="document.getElementById(&quot;rowfrm&quot;).submit();"
   value="" type="text"/>

But, when i see it in the browser, the onBlur is missing:
<input id="PasswordReset_emailAddress" class="xlarge text" size="30"
name="1" value="" type="text">

Any idea what's going on? Also, is the encoding in the onBlur string
part of the problem?

Thanks.