[Seaside] Seaside redirects, really?

Sebastian Sastre sebastian at flowingconcept.com
Mon Oct 3 12:42:32 UTC 2011

ok, for you a ~20-40% improvement in response times isn't an incentive appealing to do anything about it. Even if that leads to an enhanced experience for the users in poor networks or using web apps from mobile devices over mediocre 3G services [1]. You made it work for your business without caring at all about that. Good for you. I have no problem with that. That's great.

But for me is appealing enough to try to do something about it.

So, yes, understanding the design decisions matters to do "informed hacks" and see where it leads.

I found appealing to have a seaside without the redirect latency penalty [2]

sebastian

o/

[1]  there are plenty of opportunities in those markets and extra latency can put the whole framework, a priori, out of the "game" only because of that
[2] having AJAX without redirects is a step forward and is already made. Good. But not everything is AJAX. I think we can do better.