[Seaside] Re: loading the latest into the glass appliance

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Fri Oct 7 16:53:26 UTC 2011

To use 3.0.6 in a GLASS appliance, you follow the instructions described by James Foster here[1] and here[2].

If you are starting from scratch, then I would think you'd be better off doing your own install. There are a number of different installation instructions detailed here[6]. I've had good luck following Ramon Leon's instructions[3] while using a thoughtpolice vm[5].

Once you've got the basic GLASS installed and connected to GemTools, then you can install Seaside3.0.6 following the instructions here[4].

Dale

[1] http://programminggems.wordpress.com/2011/01/02/migrating-to-metacello-based-seaside-2-8/
[2] http://programminggems.wordpress.com/2011/07/01/migrating-to-seaside-30/
[3] http://onsmalltalk.com/2010-10-30-installing-a-gemstone-seaside-server-on-ubuntu-10.10