[Seaside] Re: Q on Periodical

squeakman squeakman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 16:22:32 UTC 2011

That is exactly what I tried (in addition to the "evalScripts: false")
but it seems that the Periodical is always triggered once initially.
What I observed is that it is triggered once on creation.

Below is the code I tried to initially turn it off - but seemingly to no
avail.

 >> html script: ((html scriptaculous periodical)
 >> id: self domId;
 >> frequency: 5;
 >> on: self triggerMethod of: self parent;
 >> evalScripts: false;
 >> assignTo: 'FLPer').

html script: 'FLPer.stop();'.	"turn off initially"

And, as an aside, shouldn't the evalScripts: false result in it not
running or is my understanding incorrect?

Thanks for your help,
Frank