[Seaside] Re: Q on Periodical

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 20:21:09 UTC 2011

PrototypeJS by default does not evaluate JavaScript code (<script>
tags) that is part of an AJAX response. Unfortunately most of the time
you want such JavaScript code to execute, otherwise you wouldn't have
told Seaside to generate it. Thus Seaside changes the default
(PTUpdater>>#initialize) and makes that JavaScript code is executed by
default.

Lukas

On 9 October 2011 22:09, squeakman <squeakman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/10/2011 2:19 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>> Please check the method comment of the method:
>>
>>   PTUpdater>>evalScripts: aBoolean
>>       "This determines whether<script>  elements in the response text
>> are evaluated or not. The default implementation of Prototypes does
>> not evaluate script, however this implementation changes this odd
>> behavior."
>>

> I did read this before posting and I was not sure how to interpret the
> comments.  I interpreted
>
>   "however this implementation changes this odd behavior"
>
> as stating that the current implementation overcomes the default "odd
> behaviour".
>
> Your explanation helped me a lot, thanks.
>
> I have to admit that I am still a bit confused about when one would use
> evalScripts: false - it seems as if it does nothing. Same argument for
> evalJs: false.
>
> Obviously I am still struggling to understanding.
>
> Thanks,
> Frank

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch