[Seaside] design question regarding jquery serializeForm

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 17:14:14 UTC 2011

On 17 October 2011 17:16, Larry White <ljw1001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I understand correctly, the jquery serializeForm method causes each
> callback method for the form fields to be invoked individually.

Yes, with the exception of those on form buttons (it wouldn't know
which one, and triggering all of them wouldn't make sense).

> What is the best way to commit the data in the form?  If I create a
> server side commit method, can it be invoked safely via a callback
> from the ajax onSuccess: code?

Not sure what you mean by server side commit method. What you do do is
essentially have a normal form somewhere on your page with an ID that
you know. Then you can trigger its callbacks from any event.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch