[seaside] No Syntax Highlighting After Loading Seaside in Pharo

Ankur Sethi get.me.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 11:48:42 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm new to Seaside (and Smalltalk in general). I've been trying to
build a small blogging application using Seaside and Pharo, but
something strange happens to my Pharo image when I load Seaside into
it.

I load Seaside using:

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
    load.

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) load.

Everything goes well, but the System Browser no longer does syntax
highlighting. Syntax highlighting works everywhere else -- the
Workspace, Debugger, etc. --- but not in the System Browser. I even
re-downloaded a fresh image from the Pharo website and tried loading
Seaside into this image. Same results.

I'm using Pharo 1.3 + CogVM 13307 on Mac OS X Lion.

--
Ankur Sethi
(GeneralMaximus on IRC and elsewhere)