[Seaside] How to convert a 1.4 Pharo Seaside image so that it will work with seasidehosting.st

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Wed Aug 1 22:08:29 UTC 2012

Mark,

I am from the school that wants to do eveything using command line only, not running a GUI on a server ;-)

For starters, have a look at this:

	http://stfx.eu/pharo-server/

You can then test on localhost.

All you then have to do is set up a security group allowing traffic on port 1701 and it should serve pages externally.

I also don't like images saved with running servers (like Seaside is often used), I rather have nothing running in the image and start the server(s) manually in the startup script.

But there are many ways to go about this and YMMV.

Sven

PS: If you have a 64bit Linux, you need to add 32-bit support, as in

	apt-get install ia32-libs

For Ubuntu