[Seaside] What is the plan with Pharo changes?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 21:26:08 UTC 2012

Hi guys. PLEASE: I DON'T WANT TO START A WAR.
I am just concerned about Pharo and it's future. I am totally in favor of
making progress even if it breaks compatibility. I am all in favor of
having to spend time and effort in updating projects to use latest Pharo
changes.
Today I faced a couple of problems with Metacello and Pier. Most problems
were related to:
1) SystemChangeNotifier -> SystemAnnouncer
2) FileDirectory -> FileSystem

so...after a couple of fixes, I was able to make them both to work in last
Pharo version. So, DO NOT GO OFFTOPIC please.
My question is, how can we make sure that we are not all trying to updated
existing packages? I mean, I have updated Metacello (a part of it) and
Pier. So what do we do? where do I commit without affecting all those not
using Pharo 2.0 ? how can others take advantage of it?

thanks guys.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com