[Seaside] How do I use JQuery with Javascript variable

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Mon Jan 30 19:10:29 UTC 2012

On 30 Jan 2012, at 19:19, Francisco Martins wrote:

> I saw my omission of the code snippet "addLoadscript html document:"
> before your reply. I put also indicated halts but they were not
> reached during the execution.

Hm... I don't catch a reason why this would not work.
Are you not getting any javascript errors in the browser console?

> Another question I have is this: the original code runs entirely in
> Javascript on the client. There is no way to do the same in Seaside
> with JQuery?

Of course you can. I just assumed you were implying a request to retrieve the value also server-side.

If you do not need the value server-side, I would not write that piece of JS using Seaside's jQuery-Javascript wrappers. You can either include the script in a function defined in an external file or write it directly in a string:

html button
	onClick: <entire js script in a Smalltalk string -- or function call to the script included in an external file>

cheers
Johan