[Seaside] seaside on pharo 1.4 w/ zinc (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 mcz attached)

Pat Maddox patmaddox at me.com
Fri Mar 2 02:22:29 UTC 2012

Hi, I don't know how many people have successfully run seaside on pharo 1.4 or even tried to, and I've not seen it documented anywhere. I have it running and while many of the unit tests don't pass :(  I can start up a zinc server and click through the example apps and some of my own apps fine. I've attached the .mcz file which excludes Comanche, Swazoo, and OmniBrowser from the default install group (OB is only used for the server manager I think, which is not very important, and I'm using nautilus on 1.4).

I understand that this patch might break earlier stuff so with any luck Dale will be able to give me some tips on how to make it more compatible.

Anyway, load up the mcz and then
ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project latestVersion load: #('default' 'Zinc-Seaside')

and to run a server
ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8282

and you should be set.

note: I *just* got this "working" and it seems to work fine with my apps so far, but no promises that everything will go smoothly.

Pat