[Seaside] build drop-down select list when clicked

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 17:46:52 UTC 2013

I figured out the rest of it. The original callback from the select
doesn't do anything with the value from the expanded list.  If you add a
hiddenInput after the select and serialize that with the selected value
of the select when the select changes, then things work nicely.

So change the renderSelect: method to

MyClass>>renderSelect:html
	html select
		id: html lastId;
		list: (Array with: self timeZone key);
		script: (self loadSelectListOnceFor: html lastId on: html);
		onChange: (self serializeHiddenInput: 'tzId' withValueFrom: html
lastId on: html);
		selected: self timeZone key

	html hiddenInput
		id: 'tzId';
		callback: [ :val | self timeZone: (Timezone at: val) ].

and add

MyClass>>serializeHiddenInput: anId withValueFrom: selectId on: html
	^ ((html jQuery id: anId) value: ((html jQuery id: selectId) find:
'option:selected') contents text)
		, (html jQuery ajax serialize: (html jQuery id: anId))