[Seaside] How to access the parent of a component?

Bahman Movaqar Bahman at BahmanM.com
Sun Jun 2 00:49:48 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have a big component consisting of smaller ones.

<code>

WAComponent subclass: #BigComponent
	instanceVariableNames: 'smallComponent placeHolder'
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''
	category: ''

WAComponent>>#children
	^ Array with: self smallComponent with: self placeHolder.

</code>

Now I'm trying to change `placeHolder' from an `anchor' callback in
`smallComponent'.

<code>

SmallComponent>>#renderContentOn: h
	h anchor
		callback: [
		    self parent placeHolder: SomeOtherComponent new ];
		with: 'Some other component' ].

</code>

But I get this exception:  `SmallComponent(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
#parent' which, I believe, says that I cannot access the container
component like this.

What is the best way to do this (access the container component)?  Is it
possible at all?

TIA,

--
Bahman Movaqar  (http://BahmanM.com)
ERP Evaluation, Implementation, Deployment Consultant