[Seaside] Problem upgrading seaside from an existing image (Pharo #14438 and Seaside 3.0)

Diego Lont diego.lont at delware.nl
Fri Sep 6 10:33:27 UTC 2013

Dave,

Thanks for fixing my script, I was rather fast in typing a reply.

There can be several problems remaining, that might be a bit more difficult to find out:
	1) Metacello might be outdated. The configuration of Seaside is quite complex, and therefor needs a recent version. Loading a newer version of Metacallo before upgrading Seaside might help.
	2) Your package cache might be polluted. Trying to upgrade an image, always put things in your package cache first (downloads them there) and wrong packages here sometimes lead to trouble. But I understand that Stephan tested with a clean image, so this is not the case.
	3) There might be a problem with one of the (newer) used configurations. One of the trouble I ran into was that the currentVersion was not determined correctly, so I had to specify Seaside3 differently. I do not know if all configurations are well. Finding out where the problem here is, is harder. But maybe you should try running:
		(ConfigurationOfSeaside3 project version: #stable)

But I will try to find some time to look into your problem.

Good luck,
Diego