[Seaside] Authenticating requests of Seaside REST filters (Using Zinc?)

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 02:25:44 UTC 2013

I want to add authentication to a Seaside app I'm programming.

Particularly to the REST API I implemented by means of a WARestfulFilter. I
want to use HTTP authentication against my existing authentication
subsystem.

But I don't know where to "hook in" the authentication process.
1) Should I have my own Zinc delegate for the API? Authenticating everything
before it reaches the ZnSeasideServerAdaptorDelegate?

2) Should I have to use something different than WARestfulFilter and use
instead a WARestfulHandler starting at a different URN path? (maybe with a
different delegate at that path).
E.g. have the "common" seaside delegate installed a myhost/ui/ and the
"REST" http authenticated delegate installed at "myhost/api/"?

Any suggestion is welcome.

--
Regards!