[Seaside] ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer for Pharo 3

Hernán Morales Durand hernan.morales at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 17:15:25 UTC 2014

Hello Johan,

> On 17 Feb 2014, at 07:26, Hernán Morales Durand <hernan.morales at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I would be willing to merge my changes to a neutral repository.
>
> Oh... really?
> Seaside team is 'hostile territory' ?

No, I don't think so. Nothing personal here or against Seaside.
It is just I am not part of the Seaside team. But see below.

> After forking Grease into your private repo, you did the same for Kom,
> messed up the metacello version history and removed all platforms but
> Pharo3 from the config.

Kom was created as an independent project before Seaside, and it is used by
Iliad too. For those reasons, I think that the right thing to do is to have
it in its own separate repository and to maintain it there. Do you think is
that a problem?

About Grease, I didn't knew it was forbidden to fork it in a private
repository.
It is prohibited to fork Grease? What's the license of Grease?

The thing is, every time I have checked the Grease version from the Seaside
repository, always had problems. That's why I have my own copy of Grease
which worked for my projects for weeks before anyone noticed it existed. So
as you can see it's not intended for public consumption. But as I said in a
previous mail, if I find the Grease copy to work properly for me, then I
will happily remove the fork. I will check later and let you know.

About the metacello config, always worked fine from the Configuration
Browser, but I am willing to fix any issues so Kom is supported in more
platforms.

Hernán