[Seaside] Session expiration and data cleaning

Dave lasmiste at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 10:39:33 UTC 2014

Hi,
 I need to clear some data on session expiration. After several searches and
attempts I discovered that sessions expired after #cacheTimeout but they are
unregistered only after the creation of 10 more sessions, see here:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2010-June/023663.html
and
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2010-June/023670.html
you can change it reducing the cacheReapInterval, for example if you want to
unregister your session after 2 sessions are created, you can write:
myApplication cache reapingStrategy configuration at:#cacheReapInterval put:
2.

and you can test it creating a MySession:
MySession>>unregistered
super unregistered.
Time now inspect.

then associate it to your application:
myApplication preferenceAt: #sessionClass put: MySession.

and looking at the time of inspection, so far so good.

But...

I need to clean my data when the session expires (with or without a
timeout), not when the session expires *and* after 2 or more sessions are
created.

Have you any suggestion?

TIA
Dave