[Seaside] Re: [ANN] Bootstrap 0.7 with TB v3.1.1.

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Tue Feb 25 14:42:36 UTC 2014

Stephan,

On 25 Feb 2014, at 15:24, Stephan Eggermont <stephan at stack.nl> wrote:

> Sven wrote:
>> On the contrary, it is very important for small screen mobile devices, because a good mobile/responsive framework like TBS will then use the full >width with a clear font. But it is hard to explain. Basically, you want the left, not the right (actual iOS).
>
> Except that you want it to work. And it doesn’t.
> If you have e.g. a scroll pane with source code that is longer than 1 screen, you can no longer scroll
> when you disable user scaling. You can see the problem when you take a look at the source code
> of Alerts.

It does work, but there is no magic. You can't show huge tables or fixed formatted (source code) text on a small device in a readable way. You have to redesign.

I have a technical back office style web app that I just overhauled with TBS. It has lots of ugly tables. You can still scroll them with a fixed zoom level by making them responsive:

  http://getbootstrap.com/css/#tables-responsive

My main interest in TBS is in creating mobile first responsive web apps. Having silly small fonts where I have to zoom in and out all the time is not what I want. My suggestion was to have the demo reflect that capability. But I do agree the source code view is a problem ;-)

Sven