[Seaside] Logging out from a session in 3.1

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 19:31:42 UTC 2014

Johan,

> Esteban,
>
>> I migrated to Seaside 3.1 and now the session behaves differently.

> Where did you send #logout? I think you need to move the method to a callback in a component and have it send unregister to the session and redirect.
> This is what we typically do:
>
>         self session unregister.
>         self requestContext redirectTo: self application url
>
>> Also if I unregister, there is no handler installed, and self
>> application returns nil, and #nameOfHandler: throws an exception.
>>
>> What is the proper way of performing this in Seaside 3.1?
>
> Can you give some more details? I don't quite see what you mean.

I was using #logout at the session level, but it was called from a
callback in a component.
So now I implemented your suggested way in the component and now it
works as expected.

What I wanted to do was to "close the session" but forcing the removal
of the session from the registry, so there is no way to go back and
submit a new request whitin the same session or using the session id.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo