[Seaside] Configuration trouble

Diego Lont diego.lont at delware.nl
Fri Jan 3 09:45:53 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Due to the release of Seaside 3.1 some projects have fallen over. I thought I give a heads up. The error message I got was from the CI-server for my project (QCMagritte) was:

*** Warning: Warning: This package depends on the following classes:
  GRDelegatingStream
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  GRCountingStream
  count
  greaseNext:putAll:startingAt:
  initialize
  next
  next:
  nextPut:
  nextPutAll:
  reset
  greaseNext:putAll:startingAt:

Basically, this means that you try to load 2 different versions of Seaside in your configuration: 3.0.9 and/or 3.1 into Pharo. This problem may have occurred in the past as well when we moved the configuration to its own place. So if people get this error: please fix your configuration. Most of the projects I can access the configuration (Magritte3, Pier3, TwitterBootstrap, QCMagritte) have different version for loading 3.1 or 3.0.9. If people have trouble fixing this: we can take a look at your configuration.

For instance: I see on the CI-server that the smalltalkhub project has this problem, but I can imagine this is the case for private projects as well, as the "#stable" symbolic version now points to a different numbered version. Note: for gemstone the stable version is changed into 3.0.10 … for people who use seaside on gemstone: it might be needed that a different version for gemstone should be added.

Cheers,
Diego