[Seaside] File upload - encoding issue

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Wed Oct 8 15:28:37 UTC 2014

Hi Dave,

On 08 Oct 2014, at 15:25, Dave <lasmiste at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I've an issue with file upload. It's about files with accents in name for
> example: hellò.doc.
> On the debugger I see the WAFile filename is hellò7.doc and it comes from
> ZnMimePart
>
> It's clearly an ecoding problem but I don't know where to look at.

Yes, there seems to be an issue here. It can be observed in WAUploadFunctionalTest.

ZnZincServerAdaptor>>#convertMultipartFileField: creates the WAFile instance by falling back on ZnMimePart>>#fileName and ZnMimePart>>#contents. It seems that these are UTF-8 encoded, this could be fixed easily I guess.

The problem is that I am not 100% sure that this is always the case (i.e. part of the spec) and thus safe to do by default.

Any opinions ?

Sven

PS: Zinc-HTTP-SvenVanCaekenberghe.412 contains a new ZnDefaultServerDelegate>>#formTest3: that deals successfully with this issue.