[Seaside] Maintaining paths with File Libraries

jtuchel at objektfabrik.de jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Sun Oct 12 09:01:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

back when Seaside was invented, you only needed a hand ful of js and css
files. Nowadays, you need a lot of them, like if you use a more complex
jQuery Plugin or tools like CodeMirror etc.

Most of these consist not only of a bunch of files, but deploy with some
subdirectories like /lib, /css, /modes etc.

What I'd like to do is this: for development and maybe even test
environments, I'd like to put such a tool into its own WAFileLibrary
subclass which serves subdirectories. This way, it is very simple to
replace the FileLibrary with real files on a production machine.
Another pro is that most of these tools are coded in a way that they
expect a certain directory structure, so they import files from their
/bin subdir by default. If you need to change this, you have to change
the .js sources. I'd like to avoid this.

So there are teh following goals I want to achieve:

* keep all files of a tool like CodeMirror in one FileLibrary
* keep the suggested directory structure as it is suggested by the tool
* thus make updating easier
* server files from "subdirectories" of the FileLibrary

So far, I couldn't find anything that would allow me to make a
WAFileLibrary behave like a directory with subdirectories, like this

/myTool
     + /modes
     + / styles

With one common start path for the whole structure (bas URL).

Did I overlook something?

Joachim

Objektfabrik Joachim Tuchel          mailto:jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Fliederweg 1                         http://www.objektfabrik.de
D-71640 Ludwigsburg                  http://joachimtuchel.wordpress.com
Telefon: +49 7141 56 10 86 0         Fax: +49 7141 56 10 86 1