[Seaside] authecation question

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 18:46:06 UTC 2014

> Sebastian Sastre schreef op 1-9-2014 19:56:
>
> Hi Roelof,
>
> Just to make sure you’re on the right expectation, Seaside is agnostic to
> it. It’s up to each app how to implement that feature.
>
> Sounds like you need to implement some kind of:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-based_access_control

> Yes, that is what Im looking for.
> Do you have tips how to start simple ?

In my previous job I mapped a model very similar to the one in the
Wikipedia page, and it proved to be useful and sustainable in the long
term even in enterprise applications.

I'm implementing (re-writing) such model again, with some tweaks. But
it's not available for publishing yet.

So to start simple you could start by modeling users, roles and permissions.
Users has roles, roles has permissions, and you can query whether an
user has certain permission at different points of your application.

Esteban A. Maringolo