[Seaside] Re: Seaside 3.1 and Pharo issues

Stephan Eggermont stephan at stack.nl
Thu Jan 8 12:35:58 UTC 2015

David wrote:
>Also, debugger do not trigger, neither in pharo2 nor pharo3, for example
>putting this on rootcomponent>>#renderContentOn: html
>html text 'test'.
>1/0.

I cannot reproduce that. Are you sure your application exception handler (in the filters)
is set to do debugging? That is, WADebugErrorHandler instead of WAErrorHandler

>** Halos, and code editing:
>   - Pharo2: OK, working normally
>   - Pharo3: DANGEROUS, partially not working, and when it works it makes
>you lose code, I explain:

That is an issue indeed. It is a feature that you try to use as a new seaside user,
and then never again. The quality of tools in image is so much better than
that online, that I don't know any experienced seasider using it, on any platform.
That has allowed this issue to go undiscovered so long.

It has been reported on december 11. https://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=837
http://forum.world.st/Pharo-3-Seaside-3-1-development-time-error-td4795419.html
December is a bad month to get non-critical issues fixed. I've spend my time
getting moose ready for the 5 release.

The seaside control panel is never going to work in Pharo2.
Both the old one and the new one don't work there.
If you need to run Seaside in Pharo2, all functionality of the panel is scripted
easily, so there are sufficient workarounds.

Stephan