[Seaside] Seaside sessions not being either unregistered or GCed

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 15:29:53 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Bob Arning <arning315 at comcast.net> wrote:

>  Yes, it is per cache. What you may be overlooking is this: the cache
> will be reaped every 10 (whatever) accesses or stores. That doesn't mean
> there is anything actually expired at that time, but the reap happens
> (doing nothing) and the strategy's count is reset to zero. If something
> expires after this reap, then it will take another 10 accesses (or
> whatever) before the newly-expired goes away.

Thanks Bob for the explanation. It makes sense now.

So....the last piece on the puzzle that I don't understand now is how can I
hook when my session is expired. I mean... MySessionSubclass  >>
#unregisgtered will be called when reaped, not when expired. So...how can I
hook when my session is expired (when it gives the timeout to the user
saying session was expired)?   Not sure if I need that, but jut wondering ;)

Thanks!

> On 7/4/15 10:12 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> tells me that maybe I am misunderstanding the #cacheReapInterval. So maybe
> it is not 10 sessions... but that each cache (assume one per session and
> one per app) would be cleared only after something was stored there at
> least 10 times???  mmmmmm

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com