[Seaside] Re: How to register a WADispatcher derivate?

David Carlos Manuelda stormbyte at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 16:16:37 UTC 2015

Stephan Eggermont wrote:

> On 02/03/15 13:38, David Carlos Manuelda wrote:
>> I noticed that if I do WAAdmin register: aComponent at: '/en/SomePoint'
>> it creates the 'en' dispatcher for me, and after, registers the
>> application aComponent inside that dispatcher.
>>
>> This is more or less what I want, except that I want to have
>> functionality added to that dispatcher (for example the language variable
>> set).
>
> Do you want to encode the language in the url? Why?
>
> Stephan
Encoding the language in the url like /en/foo /es/foo is a better thing to
do for SEO for example than having session side initializated.

URLs are very important in this matter, also, it is better to understand a
bookmarkable url like /en/forum than /forum?_k=2345234523452 or
/forum?lang=en (just an example).

Note that not in all languages forum is the same word, example in spanish is
foro, so it make sense.